Health and safety
Our efforts towards achieving Zero Harm has made our workplace one that is recognized across Canada for our commitment to safety as evidenced by a number of awards.
- 2012 John T. Ryan National Safety Trophy For Metal Mines (awarded to Kidd 11 times since 1975)
- 2013 Provincial Winner - All Ontario Mine Rescue Competition
- 2014 District Winner - Timmins and District Mine Rescue Competition (won 14 times since 1985)
- 2014 Workplace Safety North President's Award
- 2015 Workplace Safety North Excellence Award (awarded 3 times since 2012)
- 2020 John T. Ryan Regional Award (awarded to Kidd 21 times since 1975)
Health and safety initiatives
Working towards achieving Zero Harm is a team effort at Kidd. We provide our employees with a number of tools they can use both at work and at home to ensure their well-being and that of their families.
- Regular crew safety meetings
- SafeWork ® Program
- Job Task Observations
- Close Call Reporting
- Occupational Health programs and support services
- Wellness programs (e.g. Smoking cessation, fitness, immunization, etc.)