Ecological Risk Assessment
Virtual Information Session
Terrestrial/Freshwater Testing Included :
- Soil chemistry and physical characteristics
- Freshwater sediment and surface water chemistry analysis 3. Soil invertebrate tissue sampling
- Vegetation community assessment
- Breeding bird and fledgling survey
- Small mammal survey (including tissue analysis)
- Rare vascular plant survey
- Fish and electro-fishing survey
Conclusions of Terrestrial/Freshwater Study :
- Low risk to vegetation excluding near-field areas immediately south/southwest of Smelter
- Low risk to soil invertebrates, birds, and mammals.
- Low risk to freshwater aquatic life in nearby streams (invertebrates, fish). Potential for moderate risk to benthic invertebrates in unnamed stream near new slag pile.